dashboard radio speaker cloth mesh

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
66SeaBlueBug

dashboard radio speaker cloth mesh

Post by 66SeaBlueBug »

I want to replace the dashboard radio speaker cloth mesh.

I have a type 1 sea blue, where may I purchase the material and what is the period specific material: type , color, etc

Please send me an email with your response on the forum as well. Having problems pulling forum responses< thank you in advance.

eugene.ware@verizon.net
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

Other than the normal response, a junk yard, there is speaker wire mesh available for purchase online. As for the color, the blue is from the factory process of painting the car. You can get rattle cans of your color on eBay and pait the new mesh to the color as needed.
Rene Descartes

Post by Rene Descartes »

amazon/ebay/craigslist the list goes on and on. not sure but I think partsgeek had some. they go pretty cheap (like fresh out an auto parts warehouse cheap)
oldbugguy

Re: dashboard radio speaker cloth mesh

Post by oldbugguy »

Wolfsburg West sells the unpainted part - https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/Deta ... 111857209a

However, I recommend taking yours to the utility sink and soaking it and the vinyl backing behind the small right piece in Dawn dish soap, then using a fingernail brush to clean it up. Set it out on a towel to dry and you may be able to use your old one.