Hello (finally) from Hemet, Ca!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Bug-A-Boo

Hello (finally) from Hemet, Ca!

Post by Bug-A-Boo »

Hey everyone!
So 2 weeks ago I brought home what is my 15th bug, lifetime. She's, of course, a 66 with a beautifully tuned 1600 and a freeway tranny. Drums all around, but that's about to change. Super straight sheet metal with clean original style interior. I will post some pictures once I figure it out.......
I sold my last bug, a 63 ragtop, about 9 years ago. Thought I wanted to get into the American hot rod scene, but that just wasn't my thing. After going thru a lot of different cars, bandages and money, my wife said "just get another bug". So I did! Bought it about 50 miles away and drove it home. Ran sweet all the way and it was about 95° already that morning and getting hotter fast, and as I get off the freeway, she died. We towed it home and I went thru everything to find the condenser had fried. Put an electronic set up in the 009 and she purred like a kitten once again. Man I love these cars!
Right now the body has just come off to replace the pan halves. The driver side is pretty much gone. So also a good time to install things like the disc brakes, oil cooler system, shocks and adjust the stance a bit while it's all exposed.
Anyway, there's a lot, I mean a LOT of great knowledge on this site and I have and will continue to absorb all I can and hopefully, one day, be able to lend some of the things I have learned about these marvelous vehicles over the years to a new enthusiast on their journey.
Thanks for all the help and advise, past, present and future!
Dave!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Dave!