Audio wiring

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Caltattoo

Audio wiring

Post by Caltattoo »

Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram to install an aftermarket CD player/ speaker system in at all.

It's for a 66 bug :)

Thanks in advance
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

dcarlson12

Post by dcarlson12 »

I trust you have converted to 12 volt system? Otherwise your choices might be limited or you might be able to get a converter to up convert your 6 volt supply to 12 volt for just the 12 volt equipment. Not sure what power ratings the converters come in. Others with more experience will hopefully chime in..
Caltattoo

Post by Caltattoo »

Yea it has been converted luckily. The link above a pretty straight forward didn't realise but even the new player has all the wire info anyways. Should be a fun Sunday :)
Caltattoo

Post by Caltattoo »

So I managed to wire it all up but having trouble finding a accessory cable. Also I just came out and the battery's drained from it being hooked up all night. Any tips would t go a miss. The constant power is connected to the 1st fuse and had to connect the accessory to it also in order to get the screen to light up. As above couldn't find a accessory but :/
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

There are wiring diagrams on this site which show where to hook the radio to which fuse on the fuse block. Did that not work?