New guy from Alabama

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
rybredd

New guy from Alabama

Post by rybredd »

Hello all! My name is Ryan. I live on beautiful sand mountain in N.E. Alabama. I have had 2 type 1's, 66 and 72 standard. I kept the 66 "naturally" and the 72 for its engine, since it ran. I sold the rest of it to my brother, and now both of my brothers have beetles lol! So I have officially spread the fever around here!

I will probably restore it eventually, but her patina looks so good I can't resist keeping her as a hoodride at least for a while! I know most think I should resto, but I really love how the dings and rust sort of tell the cars story and made a lot of folks happy along the way!

I will try and figure out the photo uploader asap, and get some pics up. The car is currently un-mated from the chassis for pans, patches, and some suspension work, but I will share anyway!

Thanks for having me! I have quite a few questions, and panels to patch i haven't found yet.

I am also a member of Dripn' Drivers VW club, although I am kind of a nomad since most other members are at least 2 hours away.

Anything else, please ask!

When she came home:

The 66 and 72 engine donor:

Some fire damage i'm working with. Few hard to find panels here are super thin:
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Ryan, not sure how I missed your post, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have some work ahead of you on the bug. You are right, the patina has a cool look to it! Again welcome to the forum!