Hello from Wilmington, North Carolina

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Cordova1947

Hello from Wilmington, North Carolina

Post by Cordova1947 »

Glad to become a new member to this wonderful website. I own a 1966 VW Beetle and acquired it in February this year. It is all stock and just like new. Never been restored in any way. It has 34,000 original miles. I am looking for the accessory valve/hose attachment that connects the spare tire air stem to the windshield washer reservoir. If anyone has one for sale, please contact me.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum!
h~moto

Re: Hello from Wilmington, North Carolina

Post by h~moto »

Cordova1947 wrote:I am looking for the accessory valve/hose attachment that connects the spare tire air stem to the windshield washer reservoir.

The `66 Beetle used air pressure to operate the windshield wiper but it did not get the pressure from the spare tire. There is a tire type valve on the bottle that you use to pressurize the bottle. I believe that the 1968 model is when VW started to use pressure from the spare tire to operate the washer system. I'm not aware that it was available as an accessory before the `68 model year but maybe it was.
Bug-Eyed

Post by Bug-Eyed »

Welcome to the 1966 VW Beetle Forum. We're all anxious to see a picture of your beauty.
NCdad

Post by NCdad »

Welcome!

h~moto is correct...

Page 7 in your Owners Manual covers the washer info.

and you can save the full version here if you dont have one.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/man ... Manual.pdf