Greetings from Turkey

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Sercan

Greetings from Turkey

Post by Sercan »

Hi,

I'm Sercan from Turkey, Istanbul and I have a '66 VW 1300 Sedan Deluxe with sunroof. It needs restoration so I'm looking for some original parts, especially interior/upholstery. It's hard to find some parts here and shipping costs are so high from U.S. to Turkey, I mean, restoring a beetle in Turkey is so hard work.

Best regards!

larryho

Post by larryho »

Take your time Sercan. We spent 8 months restoring ours and we had so many obstacles and problems but we finally succeeded.
There are a few more things to do on the car but we are doing it at our own pace and enjoying it.
Getting parts esp original ones could be difficult and certainly expensive when we live far away from the VW scene.
Go to the Samba website as this is where you can get most of your parts. There are also a few sellers from Turkey who advertised parts there and they may be able to assist.
Good luck to your restoration and a warm welcome to the forum.

larry
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum Sercan, best of luck with your restoration!
Sercan

Post by Sercan »

Thank you guys!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Finding original interior pieces for a '66 can be hard wherever you live. Much of the upholstery is for '66 only, and you may have to replace with generic.
Itskyle

Re: Greetings from Turkey

Post by Itskyle »

Sercan wrote:Hi,

I'm Sercan from Turkey, Istanbul and I have a '66 VW 1300 Sedan Deluxe with sunroof. It needs restoration so I'm looking for some original parts, especially interior/upholstery. It's hard to find some parts here and shipping costs are so high from U.S. to Turkey, I mean, restoring a beetle in Turkey is so hard work.

Best regards!

Nice picture.

It looks like your front wheels are the earlier type, and the rear are the correctly vented type.

The front brakes are usually used more often than the front, they may get hotter (especially in your climate.)

May not be a bad idea to switch them around until you get a matching set.

But, the car looks really nice! Welcome to the forums!

Kyle
--
66 Bug current (Wife likes better than the Prius)
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (Miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)