whats up fellas

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
desertrat83

whats up fellas

Post by desertrat83 »

hows it goin. i just my my second bug a 66 and its proving to be one of the ones i should have passed up. my first car was a 63 bug that had been in a wreck. it came with a ton of parts but no engine. so i worked on that for about a year before i got my license. i made it into a baja since it was already smashed. sold that once i joined the navy in 01 now i just bought my second car in 06. my dad has taught me alot about vws. while working on his 67 bug and sand rails i have gotten alot of time around vws. i am trying to make this car a clean street car since it already rides in the weeds i just need to get everything working again. since the turn signals worked before i tried to turn right then the car caught on fire. so my list of stuff that is most important is:

windshield wipers(everything)
one piece window rubber installed
sunroof working as advertised
turn signals
and a ton of nick nacs
slammed 66
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome Desertrat83 - Sounds like you have some work ahead of you if your restoring a bug that was once on fire. Check out the links page on the main page of the website for some great places to pick up parts. Good luck - hope to see some pictures as you work on it.
Last edited by jmartini on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desertrat83

Post by desertrat83 »

it wasn't to bad of fire. just a hackarachie flasher set up. so i through that out and now in search of something that will make the blinkers blink.
slammed 66
seabluebug

Post by seabluebug »

Welcome to the forum Desertrat83!
1966 - Nothing beats the vintage look!
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Velkommen!

And welcome too!

:D
you know...what's his name....he's...thatguy

WIP: 1966 Restore