Question for John...

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
maxwell12345

Question for John...

Post by maxwell12345 »

Hay John, I know nothing about computers, so I'm not even sure if you'll get this! ha* But I LOVE your site! And I just have one question. It looks like on the picture of your new 66, that the very top of the front windshield is shaded blue. Am I seeing right? And is that an option that was offered on the original 66? Just wondering. Have a great day!!! Ginger... :lol:
________
Jailbroken
Last edited by maxwell12345 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

John and 66 Beetle.jpg
John and 66 Beetle.jpg (80.91 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Hello Ginger!!! and Welcome to the site - I'm glad you like it! I hope you will be here often to chat! and yes - I got the note!!! :)

I'm pretty sure the windshield I have is not the original (I'll have to check!) I think there may be some subtle shading at the very top but I think it may look darker because I took the picture in the storage garage - you would not believe how much better it looks then when you and Terry came up - it really looks great now!

Are you guys getting the fever to get the VW's out yet - I know I am!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Again Ginger!!! I looked at some other larger pictures of the beetle and it does have a pretty apparent shading at the top of the window. I know this window is an after market. Not sure why the previous owner went this route, but when I get the first crack or chip in the window I'll start hunting for an old VW windshiel to replace it with. Have a fantastic day!
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Hi Ginger - Welcome to the site - I've found some usefull information here too! Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future too!
Phil
San Antonio