Glad to have found this site

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
pskierst

Glad to have found this site

Post by pskierst »

Hi all. I've had my 1966 Beetle for almost 40 years. I bought him in 1974, when I was a 19 year old college sophomore looking for reliable transportation. I think I found it. Best $700 I ever spent. My little car and I have been through a lot together,and he's in better shape today than he was then. (I wish I could say the same). I did a pretty complete restoration 10 years ago---replaced the interior, tracked down the original ruby red paint and painted him, etc.... I'll post some photos when I figure out how, and am looking forward to seeing everyone else's. The odometer stopped working for a few years in the 80s so my count isn't accurate but I have nearly 500,000 miles on the car. Both of us intend to keep going for quite some time. I am glad to have found all you other Beetle-people.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello Pskierst: Our storys are very similar, I bought mine in 75 (I was 18 at the time) for about the same dollar amount but unfortunatly it was totalled out in the summer of 76. Always had a hang up on that car which is why I finally broke down and bought another. It's great you still have her, wish I could say the same. Thanks for joining the forum!
pskierst

thanks

Post by pskierst »

Hi John,
thanks for the note. Sorry about your first Beetle. My car was stolen in 1991 and I was shattered---sure he was gone for good, but fortunately the guys who stole him ran him into a pole and abandoned him on the street, and the police called me. the damage was bad, but reparable and at least I had the car back. Anyway, I appreciate this forum and your work on it. I've already learned a good deal.
Peter.