Greetings from Texas

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
fly2kads

Greetings from Texas

Post by fly2kads »

Hi, I'm a new forum member from the Dallas / Fort Worth area. I have lurked around this site a bit, and decided to join in.

I am the proud owner of a 1966 Sedan with sunroof, painted in its original Sea Sand. I bought it mostly restored last May and it has been my daily driver since August. I'll post pictures in the "My Beetle" forum sometime soon.

This is the second Beetle my wife and I have owned. We had a '69 some years back that we really enjoyed. We really missed having a Bug, so we took the plunge with this car, and came up with a good one. Of the two, I like the '66 better. :)

Our "other" VW is a 1987 Westfalia camper, another fun vehicle in its own right.

By day, I am an IT guy for a financial services company. By night, I am a busy father of three who manages to squeeze in a little time to maintain and improve my Beetle.

Thanks in advance to all who have posted here with their help and wisdom!
rcs_80

Post by rcs_80 »

Welcome to the forum. Im looking foward to seeing pics of your 66.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello fky2kads - I just sold my house and am moving to the Dallas area, Nevada, Texas to be exact. It's nice to know there's at least one other 66 in the area!
fly2kads

Post by fly2kads »

Welcome to Texas, then! I think you picked a good spot, that's a nice area. Perhaps we'll cross paths at one of the VW events in the area.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thanks! Looking forward to it!