Hello from Cleveland, Ohio

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
195suz

Hello from Cleveland, Ohio

Post by 195suz »

Just wanted to say hi to all the bug owners and introduce my car. I bought her this spring basically drug her out of a field in Texas. She was solid except for some rust at the battery box. I have since then replaced all the brake components, rebuilt the carburetor and a complete engine service. I sealed the floor pans with POR-15 inside and out and new tires from Coker.
Next step is to paint her and replace the interior. She drives great.
Attachments
WP_000007.jpg
WP_000007.jpg (75.85 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Nice find! She looks great - congratulations and welcome to the forum!
hercdriver

Post by hercdriver »

Nice find! I bought my 66 this past summer and live just down the road in Beaver, PA. Driving was fun until the snow came a few weeks ago, so now it's time to fix some issues I've been ignoring.

Try looking these guys up.
http://www.leakoil.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
I know they they focus on the Bus, but I'm sure they'd be a good group to hang with and troubleshoot any issues you may have.
195suz

Post by 195suz »

Thanks J, unfortunately from that angle and distance she looks pretty good but that Texas sun was pretty rough on the old girl. The windows actually rattle because the seals are so dried out and the paint is virtually gone. I'm hoping to paint it in the spring then install a new interior.