New '66 Owner

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Eric

New '66 Owner

Post by Eric »

I just got a '66 and figured I would join up on here. Car has had a rough few years, some incorrect repairs and neglect are going to make it a long winter of repairs.

Car has had door handles, horn grills, front turn signals and washer nozzle shaved. Wipers are there but the holes were covered over with plastic plugs. Has Snowflake tail lights. The dash was shaved, filling in the glovebox, radio hole, and all other holes except the speedo, headlight and wiper knob, ignition was moved below the dash.

Car was converted to 12V (only partially by previous owner) has a possible 1776 with a progressive 2 barrel carb, what sounds like an aftermarket cam, 009, and a merged header with a stinger. Car has a narrowed beam, drop spindles, and is almost on the stops in the rear. Drums on all 4 corners. Smoothies with 135r15 front tires and 145r15 rear tires.

Car needs some rust repair, had one pan patched but they fiberglassed under the battery, needs the lower part of the heaterchannel on the driverside, rear parts of the heaterchannel tops, and a few other small pieces.

Car runs and drives but needs some TLC before I will drive it much further then short distances. But is a good starting point and gives me something to work on.

Oh and its painted like a Rat Rod Herbie and came with the nickname Evil Herbie. I will get some more pics once its not below freezing. Its not original or subtle but its unique. Let me know what you think.

Eric

rcs_80

Post by rcs_80 »

Nice. Welcome to the site. What are your plans for the car? Do you have pics of the dash?
Eric

Post by Eric »

I need to get rid of some rust and get it relaible. For upgrades im thinking about upgrading to disk brakes and if money allows I was thinking about air ride to make it more driveable with it being low. I want it to be a driver, its not going to be a daily driver but I want to be able to get out and see some sites with it.

I will try and get a picture of the dash when I get home today
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Eric - Welcome to the Forum! Nice to have you here as a member.
Eric

Post by Eric »

rcs_80

Post by rcs_80 »

Sweet, enjoy the new ride. Keep us posted on any upgrades.
THERIAULT

Post by THERIAULT »

Very nice Bug. Like the airbrush!
THERIAULT

Post by THERIAULT »

Very nice Bug. Like the airbrush!