volksbugusa, mastic new york

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
volksbugusa

volksbugusa, mastic new york

Post by volksbugusa »

hello all
well the deal is done my 66 bahama blue is on its way from so cal.
should have her in about 16 days.the first project will be to clean and spray the bottom pan.she still wears her original paint.so the patina look will remain.

volksbugusa
mastic,new york
:D
Attachments
19664wa3.jpg
19664wa3.jpg (8.6 KiB) Viewed 6319 times
volksbugusa.JPG
volksbugusa.JPG (24.52 KiB) Viewed 6316 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Congratulations Matt! You must be really excited! That is a great looking Beetle, and I have to say Bahama Blue is one of my favorite 66 colors. Make sure you update us with some more photos when you get her home.
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Ditto! Congrats! Bahama Blue IS my favorite color (wonder why?!). Thats a sweet bug you have there Matt - love the old roof rack and cooler not to mention the great looking white walls. Looking forward to seeing more pics of the bug and the work your going to do on her. Congrats again!
Phil
San Antonio
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Welcome Matt! What's in the cooler?PBR I hope! :lol:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
volksbugusa

scruffy,fourcylinder,jmartini

Post by volksbugusa »

thank you for the feedback.Should have her next week.long haul from so cal to long island new york.at least i am going to see the real talents of randy carlson and bob costa.I am hopeing the car is everything they say it is! hey at least on this car i am not on the floor for weeks welding in new heater channels and firewalls.will keep you guys posted!

volksbug usa
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Good luck with the move to New York!
Scruffy - You are my kinda guy - I just bought a 12 Pack yesterday - come on over!
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

1966 bahama blue update. received the car a couple of weeks ago.i did have some surprises,most where non working electrical issues,horn,wipers
ect,ect.horn is now repaired,new wiper motor is being installed today.
the pan has been painted inside and out.The rest of the pan will remain as is.all i am doing is cleaning with paint thinner and leaving her just the way she is,i want to keep the patina intact.i had a quart of single stage paint mixed and i am going to air brush fill any needed areas.the driver door has one bad spot on the upper window frame that i need to clean up and then air brush.the only rot that i found was under the front gravel guards.there is no way PO would have know that unless he would have remove them.
they where installed with silicone caulk many years ago,the problem is the drain holes where sealed.anyway they are german fenders so they will remain. i will reinstall the guards and drill a drain hole thru them
i will treat the area with pur 15 then air brush some color.i stripped down
the running boards treated them, with pur 15 and the topcoated,some of the bolts where snapped off in the heater channel on the driver side,so i drilled and retapped for new bolts...no big deal...any way if you want to see pics let me know.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Matt! Congrats - it sounds like the restoration is well underway and I'd LOVE to see the pictures - you can attach them to your next post or let us know if you put them in the photo gallery - either way I'd like to see them.