Proud owner of a 66 from Tucson

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Skydiver

Proud owner of a 66 from Tucson

Post by Skydiver »

I am retired from the U.S. Army after 30 years and 4 in the U.S. Marine Corp prior to. Eventually you can't keep up with the young troops!

After a red light runner totaled my fully restore 73 Super Beetle with less the 200 miles on it, I searched for what I really wanted, and earlier bug, and found a one owner, 63000 mile, 1966, type 1 Beetle, which he had purchased at the factory in the fall of 1965. The car had been in Tucson since 1970. It is Bahama Blue, with original interior in good condition. I am slowly upgrading some of the original features to new condition and enjoying every minute of it!
This the 5th VW I hav owned starting with a 1955, Type 1, I wish owned today. My second wife gave me an ultimatium, her or the 55 VW, I should have choosen her as I later divorced her anyway.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thank you for your service! Welcome to the forum, sounds like you found a gem in the 66!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Wow, a desert kept car!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome to a fellow desert rat. There's a very active scene in Tucson, lots of good VW folk down that way.