hey from Wisco!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Fatsam

hey from Wisco!

Post by Fatsam »

How you doin? Just happen to find this sight while googling for a hood or decklid in Wisconsin for my 66 project. I traded my 4 wheeler for this 66 baja 3 years ago. Its my first air cooled. Always had water cooled GTI's. My last vw was a jetta diesel. Wanted a project and now its time to start it. Gonna turn the baja into a volksrod. Got the 10 inch ft.end extension. Now its time to get the ball rolling. Sorry if I piss off any purist but I'm starting with a baja and I'm building it for me not u. Lol. Been around vw's my whole life, air and water. But always lookin for more info and tricks, along with parts. Glad to have found another great vw outlet. And even better, one for 66's. Damn cool. [/u]
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

As long as pissing off purists is a byproduct and not a goal you should have no worries. :lol:
Fatsam

Post by Fatsam »

Wow, thanks for the nice warm welcome. :D I have no beef with purist. There needs to be perfect examples of how they rolled off the line. But I don't want anyone busting my balls when I decide to build a bad ass rendition of a beatle....
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Fatsam, always nice to have another Wisconsinite on the site!
Fatsam

Post by Fatsam »

Hey. Thanks. Not to far away from each other either. You'll have to let me know if you have any parts for sale. Not ez finding good parts in the rusty Midwest.