new member from sunny florida!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
bajaaaron66

new member from sunny florida!

Post by bajaaaron66 »

Hello everyone!! My name is Aaron and i just received a 1966 vw baja bettle from my dad in Ohio.The bug has been garage stored for thirty years, a work in progress you might say, untill i paid a dollar for it and 800 for shipping to florida.Know it is on jackstands and getting a makeover... My dad started a 6 to 12 volt conversion on it but i am know stuck finishing the electrical work, at this time i have no turn signals or 4 way flashers, but just picked up a new relay and hopeing this will fix all those problems. A little brake work and new tie rods and new gas tank and she should be on the road soon, hopefully for bugjam18 in november.I will have some pictures coming soon, so everyone can see the paint job my dad had on this buggy!! Have a good weekend yall..Aaron
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Welcome to the forum Aaron,Check your grounds,30 years of dust and humidity does wonders to the princes of darkness! :lol:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Aaron! Welcome aboard - really looking forward to seeing the pictures of your baha!
bajaaaron66

Thankyou, for the welcome

Post by bajaaaron66 »

Thanyou scruffy and martini for the advice and warm welcome!I got the flashers and the turn signals finally working,i installed the new flasher relay and rechecked all the grounds and walla we have lights!!!! Next i must tackle a busted brake line and we will be on the road!! Thanks again yall.......Aaron
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Glad we could help and enjoy! :)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Hey Bahaaaron! WELCOME :!: :!: :!: Great to have a new member!!!!
Phil
San Antonio