My 1966 Beetle project

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
seasand66

My 1966 Beetle project

Post by seasand66 »

I bought my Sea Sand Beetle in July last year about 2 hours from my house. we couldn't get it home ourselves so we had to hire help off of craigslist. Now we had a truck and trailer and headed for Arkansas. Paid $800 for it. No engine, interior and three of the wheels that belong on it. Shortly after we got it home we started tearing into it. gutted it (not much to gut only one seat to begin with) and unbolted anything we could, Including the body. Since then I've been working on the back end of the chassis and purchased some new pans and have yet to install them. I am wanting to get a nice looking rolling chassis first. Can't wait to see it on the road (someday)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Seasand66! Good luck with the restoration, plenty of folks here can answer questions if you ever need help!
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck on the resto! Hope we can help wherever we can..
*[___]
(o\ ! /o) yes! I was bored....