My 66 beetle.

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
kepoes

My 66 beetle.

Post by kepoes »

Well I'm new here. I just wanted to say that I just bought my first beetle. I have to weeks with it, and it happend to be a 1966. I saw it at a friends house when I was dropping him off from work. It cought my eye. I asked him if there selling it. He said yeah $500 I offerd $300 he said he would ask he's room mates.
Then I got the call some days later and they said yes. I was excited.
The way it looked: it was half way covered with a tarp. He said it's been there for 5 years.
Well I went over looked at it engine was out. (in the garage, looks nice too).seats out ( also well taken care of ). So I towed it home kids help me sand it down no rust, but had bondo on front passenger side. We primer it. Now it looks nice. I have to put the windows,fenders(done),lights,engine, Ect. Looking good for a $300 car. :D
Ps: are we allowed to post pictures?
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Sweet Deal!! And yes you can post pictures!! Send em up! Let's see some of your hard work...
*[___]
(o\ ! /o) yes! I was bored....
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Great price. It's worth that in any condition.