What color carpet

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
darzoom

What color carpet

Post by darzoom »

I am in the throws of restoring a Sea Blue(color 360) and need some suggestions on carpet color. I have been searching high and low and can not find what color would have been appropiate. I am the 2nd owner and have had it for ~32 years. It orginally had rubber mats in the front but they had been long since replaced long ago and I put in black econmy carpet set. Now I want to make it look a bit more as it wopuld have rolloung out of the factory. The seats are off white or cream as well as all the knobs on the dash. I have been looking at oatmeal or salt and pepper. What should it have and what have you done on yours to make it look good?
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

The correct color would be T317 -lava for the sea blue 66 beetle left hand drive. The absolute closest color is the VW Charcoal color. Example at TMI interiors color code #607
Hope this helps!
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

I just finished a resto on a Silver 1960, the OG carpet that was long deteriorated was T109 Anthrocite. But the customer chose Oatmeal loop super premium from TMI. Looked very classy! I will try to post some pictures soon...
darzoom

Thanks!

Post by darzoom »

Looks like it will be charcoal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.