looking for a restored ready to go vw bug

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
mfrohnapfel

looking for a restored ready to go vw bug

Post by mfrohnapfel »

Hello,
New to the forum- found site through somewhere but I can't remember- I am in search of a vw restored- all brand new (or to speak) meaning new carpeting, repostured- rebuilt engine- everything in working order- I am willing to spend up to 11,000. I have always wanted one since I could drive and came into an inheritance check and said that is how it is going to be spent. I am in Weirton, WV and willing to go pretty much anywhere here in the states- CA where alot are- is a little too far-especially with the gas and how far from my home- Florida is where I have seen one on ebay-
I am in need of any help anyone has about getting an inspection since I am probably going to be far away- there is nothing anywhere 500 miles to me. I have talked to a racing expert with Porche experience and a owner of a car dealership that owns classic cars. He stated to get an insurance company to do the inspection- as they can do appraisal at the same time and know more than most independent inspection. It can be any year 1969-1979. Any help or experience stories you can share would be great and also if anyone knows of one for sell.
Thanks
Mary Lou
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Try searching in the classifieds at TheSamba.com
phononocd

Post by phononocd »

I found mine on craigslist, and it seems that you should be able to get what your asking for with that kind of money!