Do you believe in miracles....?????

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
ANavarro

Do you believe in miracles....?????

Post by ANavarro »

About a month or so ago, I started looking for a Merecedes 450SL....Not for me, but for my father, who likes that car so much, and was thinking about buying one. I went to a Mercedes Benz dealer at the south of the island who usually has classic cars for sale or trade. While strolling between big Mercedes and Jaguars, sporty MGs and Triumphs, etc.. I noticed a "yellow shiny little thing", wich inmediatelly caught my attention..
It was a 1966 Volkswagen Beetle 1500 in very sound condition, freshly painted yellow (not original colour, but I liked it anyway), black leatherette upholstery and unmaarked chromeworks. I gave the salesman 600€ I had in my pocket, and asked him to keep the car for me for two weeks. Two weeks and 1400€ more, and the car now rests in my garage. The next step will be adding a nice set of chrome wheels with Baby moon hubcaps and whitewall tyres. A well hidden CD player inside the glovebox and a full set of well hidden JBL loudspeakers.
I'm rather fond on my new "pride and joy". Now she shares my garage with a 1972 red Mini Cooper 1300, a 1973 maroon Lancia Fulvia Coupé and a 1970 black MGB Roadster. On the other hand, It meant a "new" confrontation against my wife: "Just another old junk, and you'll have to choose between them and me"............Well, I've got a theory: Good looking girls are easier to find than good looking cars......:)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Congratulations on your purchase!!! Good luck on finding the good looking girl too! Now - Let's see some pictures of that car!
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Funny Story! Congrats on the 66 - you won't find a better beetle!
Phil
San Antonio
FistralAngel

Post by FistralAngel »

Well Done on the good find.

I too believe in miricles because that is what my 66 (Bobby) has been to me.

I had a 1971 1302s & a 1973 1303s, I loved them both but they were not for me, Iv wanted a 66 bug since I was 8 years old and was restoring the 70s bugs to be able to afford such a luxury.

I could never drive either of them very well & they always seemed too out of control 4 me (I just thought it was my bad driving) Then one sunny day in May last year my best friend Anton called me at work and said "sell your bugs, Iv found your car" It was about 400 miles north of me & the guy selling it had no idea of its worth & it was going well cheap.

I sold me bugs to good homes & handed the cash to Anton so he could go and do the long jerney as I could not get the time off work. The day he arrived was better than any christmas, I started work on him straight away beaming the whole time, the weird this is that I could drive him right away, No ifs, No buts, No problem, Its was like we were ment for each other, so yes I do believe in miricles