Hi from Canada ,Brazil Beetle

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
THERIAULT

Hi from Canada ,Brazil Beetle

Post by THERIAULT »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. This website is great. Back last May I decided to look for a classic car, affordable and road ready. Guess what I found on kijiji, 1966 Beetle made in Brazil!!, Did'nt know anything about beetle but always tought they looked good. This one spent most of his life in Brazil up to 2004 when the previous owner imported it to New-Brunswick Canada. We drove this car almost every day of last summer. Does anyone knows about brazil made Beetle? Found out after I bough this that this unit is quite different than other 1966 Beetle, looks like they used old body parts to build it (wider door pilar, shorter windows), I think it's the older 36HP engine too. Single port heads... not sure if the 1300 had the dual. I would like to find another Brazil made Beetle owner to discuss all the difference there is about this Beetle.

I'm very pleased with the reliability of this car.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and Have good day!!!
Attachments
Not a 1300?<br />&amp;quot;Volkswagen&amp;quot; on the Lid
Not a 1300?
&quot;Volkswagen&quot; on the Lid
IMG_0032 For forum.JPG (58.3 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
1966 Brazil Beetle
1966 Brazil Beetle
IMG_0009 for forum.jpg (65.94 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello THERIAULT and Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here and you have a really beautiful 66!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Brazil never had the larger side windows.

Welcome to the forum. Very interesting and unique car!