New Member from South Jersey

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
JohnnyB

New Member from South Jersey

Post by JohnnyB »

Hi everyone, my name is John. I've always been an aircooled VW enthuisiast and have been working on them since I was 14. I want to start by saying that this is a great site. I just recently picked up a black '66 that I've had my eyes on scince I can remember. Here's the story. Used to see an old man driving this car around and it always blew my mind everytime I saw it. Couldn't believe how original and clean it was. My mother saw the man at a Dr. appt. a few years ago and he said he bought the car new and it was his pride and joy. Couple years went by and I didn't see the car. I tried to track the car down but never could find out where the man lived. I was poking around on thesamba.com and saw what I thought was the car for sale. Sure enough...it was. The original owner had died-at age 98 and left it to his son in law who had no interest in it. I have maintenance records from day 1. Car was religiously maintained and I have 4 journals on the vehicle. I am keeping the car as original as possible and am going to care for it as lovingly as the original owner (Josh Hogate RIP 1910-2008)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi John - Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for the great introduction to you and your new 66. You are in a rare club to be only the second owner of a 66! Having all the records is the icing on the cake! I'm sure you will do the original owner proud!
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

Thanks. Yes the car has quite an interesting history..makes the VW hobby even more fun!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

We need pictures! Post something in the MY 1966 BEETLE forum!

While 1966 is not a rare model year, the color black is unusual. I've read that black cars comprised less than 5% of production that year.