VW 1966 "GIGI" (sympathetic restoration)

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
TÓ-ZÉ

VW 1966 "GIGI" (sympathetic restoration)

Post by TÓ-ZÉ »

... So is this beetle is already rolling from the beginning of 2009 and has done about 6000 kms only this year I'll present here is a project that was supposed to be nice or is supposed to "bind and put the smokehouse (portuguese saying) that soon became more sympathetic ... This is a beetle of 1300 66 which was started by my friend and it was for his sister (hence the color) that was there 16/17 years ago but was on the street about 5 or 6 years for lack of space yard ...
For about three years since I proposed to buy a beetle that he had a few more and I only sold this ...

Here it is ... I present you the "GIGI" ...

finally home ...

My wish now was to get to work ...

the engine has been a long time inside another beetle that was also in the rain ... but I talked to my friend Philip who suddenly came to give me a BIG help ...
Here in the garage of Philip ... the engine was not finished in this disgrace.

Well .. I said ... I have to get a temporary motor to put the car in and out of the garage ... it was then my friend Peter gave me a beetle to get spare parts and engine

the victim ... do not tell anyone pssssss

... the donated organ that will suddenly into place ... started the 3rd is like new ... :lol:

already in place and with it the brakes or is more or less had only handbrake (I thought) let's go for a ride ...

was not enough to go around, nor brakes ... RESULT ...

There is a video from this that as soon as the will to post here

The project continues next ... soon ... 8)
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

That had to shake you up! I hope you were able to extract GIGI from valley of death.
TÓ-ZÉ

Post by TÓ-ZÉ »

... Well I know you want more ... so here are the videos ...

Watch the videos ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB3Y4DI3MjY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHMXpsdX ... re=related

... There was nothing more than a single pulse was open to my good friend Philip ... I was sitting on a wooden bench from the time of our grandparents and he sat on batery holding the side handle by the door ...

... ... because it was not anything else was more the apartment and a pain in my heart than anything else ... is that though the police came but did not see or did not want to see ... plans for the machine is to be a dailydrive

Well my friends ... I have no footage of the withdrawal but it was with my suzuki samurai ... do not give up and the police had passed by then down just ahead ... ... so I had to disassemble a neighbor's fence to pull back the Beetle and put it in place ...

After the crash test and analyzing the damage:
Forward slightly twisted, two little fender ... ... behaved height: Two days of extra work ... but you guys want more pictures is not it? so here goes ... no more bla bla bla ...

Here my friend in these wanderings Philip wondering where to start ...

Begin the restoration that was to be nice and because the painting was all full of bubbles there is what one had to peel it all ... ... get to work ...

However when everything seemed to be going so well ... more drama ...

the front suspension was twisted ... nothing to do with the fall, work was already old ...

Not much thought ... disassembles suspension (one step back)

Look well to this service, it had been before ... the screw holes are oval and the horse's neck (that's how we designate this part) twisted ....

However while my friend Philip could only come at the weekend I was doing the painting (there show later on) ...
Since the weekend ...
To work better going off bodywork

Organ Replacement ... :lol:

Begins to cut ...

...and cut...

looking for spots to unbolt ...

unbolt ...

Out with the old ...

clean work ...

... measure measure measure measure ... ... ...

welding ... welding ...

Here ready to strip it ... everything is being done in my house (made in home).

Until the next ... will be to tell the rest of the work of the chassis ...

I apologize for my English is not very good but when we fix what I never learned to read or write English just French and Portuguese
Last edited by TÓ-ZÉ on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Gee, I think your english is great and it looks like you are making terrific progress! :salut:
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Oh I can't believe there wasn't more cursing and swearing! I would have gone crazy if my car had fallen into that "house hole". Congratulations on your self control and persistence to get GIGI back on the road and running SAFELY. The first thing I worked on when I got Murray was to make sure he could stop before he could run.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.