Headliner spec for 66

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Elango Velautham

Headliner spec for 66

Post by Elango Velautham »

Hi there,

Great job guys....

I am about do up headliners for my 66, and was told that this car has a different headliner design / spec. Is this true?

Also, are hubcaps unique just for this model?

thanks
branston

Post by branston »

I did my '66 last year, it came from wolfsburgwest and was a good fit. From memory it is a nine piece set. A fiddly job. I have many photos and advise to share if you are interested. PM me
branston

Re: Headliner spec for 66

Post by branston »

Oops,

The hubcaps are '66/'67 only 5 stud style but fit inside depression in '66 wheel, the syle is same as later 4 studs of '67 up.
i have photos etc. PM me
Robert

Elango Velautham wrote:Hi there,

Great job guys....

I am about do up headliners for my 66, and was told that this car has a different headliner design / spec. Is this true?

Also, are hubcaps unique just for this model?

thanks
Rubin66

Post by Rubin66 »

Greetings Elango,
I see you're from Malaysia, yes? I'm not sure of the way the car's were configured if they were sold in your market. I can only say what we got here in the US and to a small degree what was sold in Europe.
The only real differences in headliner trim I know of if is in US 1966 they had a full perforated headliner in a Deluxe 1300 Beetle, and in Europe they had a partial perforated headliner in the Beetle sold as the "1200A".
I also know the cars built in Australia were different in that they retained the smaller windows up until mid 1968, even though they were badged as "1300"s.
So to be fair and accurate, it would help to know some facts and details of your car. Do you know which country it was originally delivered to?
As for real life now, there are at least two headliner kits on the market, one is sold as "original" here...
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/Detai ... 867499AAOW
Others sold as Cheap, Quick or Easy do-it-yourself have less panels and are not authentic looking.
Good luck and best results with the project!