First car!

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
doodoodleylou

First car!

Post by doodoodleylou »

Just picked up my beetle! He is so adorable! The engine has been rebuilt and converted to a 12 volt system. Now I just need to figure out how to drive a stick.

micmaclopez

Post by micmaclopez »

nice beetle you got there. congratulations
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Very nice looking beetle - congratulations!
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

WOW, nice bug! Love it the colour.

When you say stick, is that american terms for Gears?

Driving a Manual car is the one of the main joys of driving alone, I don't understand how people can drive automatics :lol:
pira114

Post by pira114 »

Aircooledbenny wrote:WOW, nice bug! Love it the colour.

When you say stick, is that american terms for Gears?

Driving a Manual car is the one of the main joys of driving alone, I don't understand how people can drive automatics :lol:
Yeah, we call a manual gear box a stick gear box. Or just "stick."

And I love sticks too, but I bet if you drove in traffic for two hours a day, every day, you might understand those who drive autos.
--------------------------------------------------

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis
doodoodleylou

Post by doodoodleylou »

Yeah I am now actually doing really good with the manual driving! I really like it too especially how it when you go down hills, the car generally stays the same speed unlike an automatic which rolls (out of control careening off a cliff, but not really). I was able to drive it in traffic to the DMV today to get it registered. Its good fun.