This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
oliwayne0612

Post by oliwayne0612 »

Bought my one owner Sea Sand, sunroof 66' in 2004. Originally an Ohio car purchased on August 25, 1966 from C. Richard Cronin, Inc. in Cincinnati. Car had been driven to CT by the son of the deceased owner in the early 70s and then left outside for many years.

The bug is all original with all original paperwork and repair invoices, including the window sticker... suggested retail price of $1,818.69. Unfortunately the old girl is in need of repairs which are well underway. With 59K original miles and sitting around for many years the rust slowly chewed away the underbody so have replaced floor pans, heating tubes, master cylinder and brake lines, etc. and fuel line. Have repaired the sunroof and reupholstered all seats in original colors, but still a mile to go...

This car originally came with white walls although not quite sure what that might have looked like, anyone with pictures?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome oliwayne0612! Sounds like you have come a long way with your 66 - don't forget to post some pictures! Seasand is my favorite color of the 1966 model year.
Last edited by jmartini on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
agggilli

Post by agggilli »

Welcome to the 1966 forum, make sure to post some pictures!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Sounds exactly like my current project car, which fortunately was preserved from the elements here in Florida. The two would make perfect bookends.

Welcome to the forum.