Three point seat belts for back seat?

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

BahamaBlue

Three point seat belts for back seat?

Post by BahamaBlue »

I am about midway through my restoration and I need to make a decision. I would like to haul my kids around on occassion, and the rear seat looks like it never had seat belts. I want to original "airline" style belts, but I also want three point. I have seen some catalogs that say the three point belts are just for the front seats. However, it looks like I have the attach points to go "three point" in the rear. Has anyone had, or know of someone, who successfully put three point harnesses in the rear seating area?
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

You are right, The top post anchors are there for the three point.The rear backrest hinge bolts are one and there should be 2 on the tunnel. lap belts were a rear seat option.
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
BahamaBlue

Post by BahamaBlue »

thanks for the response. sounds like I am good to go for three points in the back seats. My kids will be thankful now that mom will let them ride in back!