Hello from Ontario, Canada!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
BricksANDaBUG

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

Post by BricksANDaBUG »

Good day all!... Happy Columbus day to all you 'murricans down there!

I am picking up a '66 Bug this week as part of a deal on another Bricklin... I have a few Bricks now but couldn't pass on the Bug for the wife... maybe a gullwing conversion for the Bug?!... hehehe... naw, just kidding... great to be here and I hope to re-acquaint my love with VW air cooled babies... had a couple of '72 busses as a kid, built a street buggy with a '62, shortened it, added the 160 4-carb Corvair and the Porsche tranny and such... loved it; a part of my childhood... now I'm back to get the boss-lady's summer cruiser ready for next spring...

Can't wait!

Mike P
Attachments
... there she is!!!
... there she is!!!
IMG_0318.JPG (75.8 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum, nice to have you here as a member - Good luck with the beetle!
Rene Descartes

Post by Rene Descartes »

Welcome to the site! :D
BricksANDaBUG

Post by BricksANDaBUG »

UPDATE: Spoke to the previous owner again... it hasn't run in 10 years... so the challenge began... brand new 6 volt battery, new points, cap and rotor, re-gap the plugs, static set the timing, 7 gallons of gas (gauge works) and fired her up and leaned her out a bit... yesterday being sunny and 19: opened the sunroof and went for a drive... automatic choke works well, shifts nicely, all gears good including reverse, brakes are good including the hand brake and no pulling when braking, lights all work but it needs a new signal arm/switch with the highbeam integrated, needs a new exhaust as it's leaking in a few small spots... as I learn and repair more; I will update...
... here's a link to a video shot yesterday as she fired up for the first time in 10 years...

http://s661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... I_0006.mp4
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Sounds great - congrats!