New member from the Canary Islands, Spain......

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
ANavarro

New member from the Canary Islands, Spain......

Post by ANavarro »

Good evening: My name is Arturo Navarro, and I'm from the Canary Islands, Spain. I'm 35 years old, and have been a long term classic cars lover, but it hasn't been until last week that I've been able to find a lovely 1966 VW Beetle (Escarabajo in Spain). It's a 1500cc bug, in yellow colour with black seats. It's completely original and recently restored y its only owner. I feel very proud. I hope to post some pictures soon...!!!!! :D
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Greetings Arturo and Welcome to the Board - we are happy to have you and your 1966 Escarabajo as members!!! So that means you are the second owner - you should be proud - not many cars out there have only 2 owners after 40 years. Congratulations - we hope to see a lot of pictures of your 66 here on the site.
CostaRica1966

Post by CostaRica1966 »

Hey Arturo! my name is Jose, I´m from Costa Rica. I do know there are lots of VW "vocho" lovers up there in Spain, as a matter of fact, i have some friends from Islas Baleares, members of AEIB club, who frecuently visit our country! Welcome to the forum! By the way , john, do you speak some spanish?!
Conoces de vochos en español? :D
CostaRica1966

Post by CostaRica1966 »

I´m the third owner of my bug, but by the way i picked up the car when i bought it, it seemed the last owner made it through a bombing raid before handing the "keys" to me!!! :wink:
CostaRica1966

Post by CostaRica1966 »

well, no doubt it was at least an "unrestored original"!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

No - I wish I spoke spanish! My Brother-In-Law is from Mexico and one of my best friends is from Bolivia and they both speak english fluently - I wish I could do the same in spanish!