Shout out to all from Texas

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
biotex

Shout out to all from Texas

Post by biotex »

Hi all! From Alpine Texas, and just got a 64 beetle. I know this is a 66 froum, but it looks to be a good place to learn about this older bug. I don't know all the differences or similarities, but I'm sue I will soon.
An elderly friend recently passed away, and I was asked to sell off his car collection by his heiress. She lived 200 miles away, and didn't want to mess with hauling them, so I was forced to purchase this VW. She showed absolutely no interest in it, so went to the title office the same day she came to town to see what she owned.

I didn't get the keys, so I had to replace all locks with new. Thank goodness it wasn't locked to start with, but no biggie since the sunroof was slightly open. I could have entered through it with a wire...

Anyways, my plans are to get it running well, and give it away as a gift to my brother in law. He used to own one, and has been telling me about it for years. He will be surprised no doubt.

The bug is 100% rust free, and was restored a few yers back. Couplke of small issues I'm addressing. I ordered all new sun roof parts since the cables were broken off the lift mechanism. Then I will install a new headliner. Here is how it looks now.

I put her under the pole barn since I had the garage tied up with my Jeep. But since these pictures have been taken, it is now washed and waxed. Engine running, sunroof disassembled for repair.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Wow, that's a crazy color scheme. It looks like it was originally gray with a red interior, which is a nice combination. Your brother is one lucky hombre!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Yeah, anthracite interior, with silver and black exterior. Crazy.

Looks like it's gonna be a nice project though, Welcome.