Correct horn button assembly

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Toph

Post by Toph »

Hi everyone.

My horn works. However there was an after market set up. I purchase a new horn ring and button hardware from Wolfsburg. Problem is since I have never seen one I don't have any idea what order this all goes in. I have tried several but it is not free flowing. Seems very stiff and sticks. Clearly I am missing something.

Can some one provide me with the correct assembly of or even some pictures. I was a only able to find one picture on line but I can not tell the part order.

Thanks in advance.
Cutterman

Post by Cutterman »

I can only tell you what mine looks like.

Steering wheel installs over cog (make sure it's indexed to straight ahead). Silver horn ring mounts with three screws (press it hard in place and get the screws started). Horn wire comes through center of steering column and connects to silver horn ring. Finally, decorative horn button snaps on.

For me, it was real easy. The springs go between the steering wheel (after it's mounted) and the silver horn ring. It's stiff and not very easy, but after you tighten the screws, the silver horn ring should line up nicely with the grooves in the steering wheel.

Four screws total and one wire. Hope this helps.

~Frank 8) 8)
Toph

Post by Toph »

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I also found on line a skimatic. Out lined it perfectly. I was able to assemble it and it works great.
Ferrety76

Post by Ferrety76 »

Hello Toph, can you please provide the address for the website showing the schematic? sounds like a good source of information.

Thank you!
KKV270

Post by KKV270 »

Toph wrote:Thanks. I appreciate your help. I also found on line a skimatic. Out lined it perfectly. I was able to assemble it and it works great.
hi. Would you be kind as to help me with the skematic resourceas I'm trying to assemle my horn as well.
Thanks.
hercdriver

Post by hercdriver »