HI! New member from Costa Rica

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
CostaRica1966

HI! New member from Costa Rica

Post by CostaRica1966 »

HEy! My name is Jose, in from Costa Rica, and curiously, i found the site while looking for info to repair my bugs´ horn, which was working 2 hours ago, before y started "fixing " a loose steering column bearing! I own a Sea Blue 1966, just like yours , John, only that mine´s a European model with steering column lock. Found it under a mango tree 6 years ago, was pretty rusty and incomplete, but i´ve been able to put it on the road back again, and now runs just fine, sweet beach ride. By the way, we have a couple nicely restored 66´s around here in Costa Rica. Sending pictures soon (as soon as i found out how to place them on the web!).
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Jose - and Welcome to the board - great to have you and your Sea Blue 66 as members! You can post pictures in the photo album or you can attach them when you are creating a post by clicking on the browse button below the "Add an Attachment" section. Then browse to your picture on your hard drive, select it and click "Add Attachment" and it will be added to your post! I'm sure we would all love to see some pictures of your beetle! Once again Jose, thanks for joining and I'm looking forward to hearing more about you and your 66!

PS. Good luck with your horn repair (horns are tricky)
CostaRica1966

Hi

Post by CostaRica1966 »

Here are some pictures
Attachments
pictures
pictures
mail4.jpg (7.52 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
CostaRica1966

pictures

Post by CostaRica1966 »

pictures
Attachments
mail2.jpg
mail2.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
mail1.jpg
mail1.jpg (7.73 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
mail5.jpg
mail5.jpg (8.15 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

WOW! It's Beautiful Jose!
CostaRica1966

by the way

Post by CostaRica1966 »

fixed the horn! if it helps anyone, check carefully the terminal conection to the steering dampner, what happenned to mine is that while pulling the column back inside the tube, i pulled it inside the car from the cable, and a cuople filaments from the cable where the terminal attaches the cable, where torn, making an improper ground connection. Simply pull the old terminal, crimp up a new, and all set!