newby

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
mt1966

newby

Post by mt1966 »

New to this site.I've owned my 66 since the mid 80's ,purchased it in San Diego then drove it to Montana ,talk about a long trip ,at that time had stock 1300 and 4th gear syncro was shot ,i had to use bungi cord to keep it in gear and ,sometimes that would'nt work.anyway,made to Montana ,the car has been sitting around 25 years The only rust found was in battery area.2 months ago i started ripping it apart,I removed all the wiring and interior parts.currently the car is at a buddys shop ,the interior has been painted and hopefully this week the exterior will be painted. can't wait to get it back home so i can start putting it back together.I've got a dozen boxes of parts siiting around.mostly interior parts.carpet kit,seat covers,foam,headliner,etc.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Sounds like you had quite the adventure getting her to Montana. Good luck with the restoration and thanks for joining our Forum!
Speedmster

Post by Speedmster »

Fun times! Hope you made that trip in the fall or spring time. I drove from Billings to Louisville, Ky once in a 71' El Camino without AC and roasted in the summer time heat. I lived in Billings Montana for a few years. That's where I met my wife. What color are you going to paint your Beetle? We have been doing the "parts box" two step here as well.
mt1966

Post by mt1966 »

I made the trip back to Montana during the fall thankfully there was no snow on the trip.Two weeks ago my 66 finally made it back to my house with a fresh coat of white paint.I'm ready to start putting it back together.