Yet another newbie... sort of

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
graysky

Yet another newbie... sort of

Post by graysky »

Just bought a 66 for my wife to use as a daily driver. She drove a VW when we first started dating and has always wanted to get another. It's good to go now, but of course there are lots of things I want to fix up the first of which will be to add the missing chrome trim. Since I'm about as mechanically adept as a 2 year old I'm sure I will be scouring the forum for advice. Thanks for the great site John! I'll post a pic from my cell phone, not the best quality but it's all I got.
Attachments
0831111542.jpg
0831111542.jpg (75.96 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Graysky and Welcome to the forum! She is a beautiful looking beetle (looks just like mine!)! :D
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Welcome to the forum!
Phil
San Antonio
graysky

Post by graysky »

jmartini wrote:Hi Graysky and Welcome to the forum! She is a beautiful looking beetle (looks just like mine!)! :D
Thanks for the welcome John. Perhaps they are sisters? :wink:
graysky

Post by graysky »

fourcylinder wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Phil. I've already learned a lot here.
graysky

Post by graysky »

Here's an update showing some of the improvements I've made. I've tried to bring things back to stock instead of the Cal-Look the car had when I purchased it last September. I've put all the chrome trim back on, replaced the repro bumpers and hubcaps with German ones, replaced the aluminum running boards with originals (with rubber mats from WW) I did replace the OE teardrop style side mirrors with repro round ones as they seem to provide a little better view, but I'm on the lookout for some decent original round ones. Still took the photo with my cell phone, but it's a newer one that takes even worse pictures!
Attachments
051212bb.jpg
051212bb.jpg (87.1 KiB) Viewed 3233 times