Greetings from Oceanside, California!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Cutterman

Greetings from Oceanside, California!

Post by Cutterman »

Friends-

I've been in grad school for six months or so, and not looking forward to going back to work...not yet. Late last year, I'd left the military after many, many years. And, although proud of my service and the success I had therein, I embarked on a personal "rapid demiltarization program". I quit shaving, cutting my hair, and I pierced both ears. Nothing too dramatic; I have a nice beard and nice hair. The freedom is internal.

Aside from grad school, I've spend a lot of time working in my father-in-law's garden. We've got really nice flowers including many plumeria, and our veggie and herb gardens are just beginning to thrive. Life is tranquil and grand. For having a father-in-law that I love to spend time with, I'm thankful.

While strolling the neighborhood a few days ago, I spotted a light blue '66 bug put up for sale that very day. It runs well and the body seems OK. So, I test drove it and subsequently bought it from the bug's second owner. I think I paid more than I should, but like art, these vehicles are hard to price.

In any case, I'm cautiously thrilled to be back in the VeeDub community. I sold my beautiful '69 many years ago because of "air bag fear" for my family; and I've regreted it since. Tomorrow, I'll do a head-to-toe inspection and fix a few flaws such as removing the NRA sticker.

I'm grateful for this site, thank you all in advance for your assistance, and look forward to my developing relationship with my '66. It's not love yet, but we have a cautious admiration for each other so far.

Best wishes.

Cutterman 8) 8)
66balut

Post by 66balut »

Glad to hear from a fellow san diegan classic owner!
Sherman

Post by Sherman »

Hi

Welcome back to the air-cooled family!

We don't have many local VW events but one of the best is just a few weeks away (April 29th)

It's at Bob Baker VW in Carlsbad

just google: 'Bob Baker Vintage VW Show' for more info

Cheers,
Edward
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Welcome to the forum! I love your story... Congrats on your new 66'! Let the questions begin...
*[___]
(o\ ! /o) yes! I was bored....