Hi from Ontario Canada

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Flattop

Hi from Ontario Canada

Post by Flattop »

I am new to this forum but not new to VW I have had bug since the 60's I have a 57 bug that I bought in 68 and still have it (will put in picture so as I figure it out) My newest one is a 66 that I found in Mich. This will be my summer driver. I hope this is not a site for just stock 66, mostly because I can not leave thing alone.. :wink:

Wayne
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Wayne: Welcome to the Forum!
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Hey Wayne! Welcome! No this is not just for stock 66's. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures. What plans do you have for your summer driver? Again, welcome!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome. Non-stock is good, at least they haven't thrown me out yet :)
Flattop

Post by Flattop »

My 57 is a all out tub chassis drag car..86 by 94 mech fi (very old school) The one big thing it is a Bus Auto. Its been a racer since the mid 70's. It was my street car first and just got carried away. I did miss the street. So when I retired I was looking for some thing to drive on the stree again and that is when I found my 66.Is is not stock has a 2110 daul carb. motor. I am going to keep the stock look with the 45 years old paint..I just want to up grade the brakes to dics in front and type 3 in the back. I will be driving the car every day. As long as the weather is good. Not a trailer queen but I do not need to take any rick with the other drivers........As soon as I can post some pictures I will of both my cars...

Wayne
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Great! I look forward to seeing the pictures. Is your 66 running a stock trans? What front brake kit do you plan on using? I have a few suggestions if you don't have an exact plan...
*[___]
(o\ ! /o) yes! I was bored....
Flattop

Post by Flattop »

DC No kit just a bunch of part I have been using for years... KG stock disc and calipers. With 4 bolt wheels and on the rear Type 3 drums also 4 bolt.. I did not want to use 4 bolt whells on the 66 but I did not want to spend a lot of money on them.. I have two sets of the type 3 rear drum and I like the extra I get out of them....Where should this thread be??

Wayne
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Technical or mechanical forum is where we should carry on with this thread... I'll start a thread called "type 3 rear brakes". See you there!
*[___]
(o\ ! /o) yes! I was bored....
1966veedub

Post by 1966veedub »

Wayne?? From Canada? Do you have a buddy named Garth?? Party on, aye! Welcome to the site! :lol:
Flattop

Post by Flattop »

I live not far from Toronto if that is any help......

Wayne