Headache 66'

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Beatrice66

Post by Beatrice66 »

Touch wood the electrics have been A OK. Which im very happy with. And the future wife is also. Clutch oh clutch where have you gone. Dropped $700 to have the whole thing rebuilt, cracked fork and all, but now she's back and missing no beats. Very happy with my 66 now.
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

So glad to here you got the kinks worked out! And congrats on your success as a couple! Must be a keeper. She didn't leave you while you successfully bought and fixed up a VW in your first few months of marriage!! That's a sweet gal!!
*[___]
(o\ ! /o) yes! I was bored....
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Sorry to hear about the cracked clutch fork. Definitely one of the achilles heels.
Beatrice66

Post by Beatrice66 »

Thanks for that guys. It's crazy how many thumbs up and smiles up this car gets. I've always had old chryslers and they don't even get the attention this little red bug does. I've got it idling high at the moment. Around 1000rpm. What are the general thoughts around that. It's a 1600 block, but I find anywhere around the 850 mark feels as though she might stall at the lights.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Whatever you feel comfortable with.
808mike66

Post by 808mike66 »

If you're having problems starting with the engine warn try flooring the gas pedal as you turn the ignition.