Little blue 66'

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Sgt-Mike-Larry

Little blue 66'

Post by Sgt-Mike-Larry »

Hi Everyone,

I have been hiding on the forum boards for the last month and a half looking for people who were having similar mechanical/electrical issues with there beetles, after seeing how nice & helpful everyone was I just had to join up and become a member of this fantastic little forum.

I purchased my 1966 Deluxe Beetle roughly just over a month ago, intended for my daily driver as I have always wanted a beetle since I first watched Disneys "the love bug" when I was 5 years old... 23 years later finally over the brand new Dishwasher throw away clone cars that have little to no personality I had been driving I found this little jem I saw frowning on the side of the road just on the outskirts of our town, I saw it and knew I just couldnt let this one slip by! (pic 1)

After 4 Sunday sessions head scratching and the process of elimination we finally drove all the faults out of the engine and got him back on the road to recovery (pic 2)

Thanks again guys,

Kindest regards,
Mike.
Attachments
Safe at home!
Safe at home!
beetle 2.jpg (70.69 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
Found in a small yard.
Found in a small yard.
beetle.jpg (175.35 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
Last edited by Sgt-Mike-Larry on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

There is a real sense of pride in ownership! Especially in a beauty like yours.. That appears to be a very great condition 66'. Congratulations!