Hi!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Bugman

Hi!

Post by Bugman »

Hello all,

I'm Tony, I own a ruby red '66 Bug. My wife and I found her about seven years ago and have really enjoyed fixing her up and driving her around. When we got her the paint and body was done and so far we have installed a Sewfine interior, converted to 12v, (still using the 6v starter with no issues), installed a 2 inch narrowed beam with adjusters and 2 1/2 inch dropped spindles with wide 5 disc brakes, chrome stock rims and lowered the rear a couple notches to giving it a nice raked stance. She still has the original 1300 and stock transaxle.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and bouncing some idea around. I'm thinking about doing some upgrades to the 1300 to get a bit more power and the trans needs to be rebuilt so I'm sure I'll have all kinds of questions.

(Apparently every single photo I have is too big so I'll post a pic later.)
jsixtysix

I know your photo trouble.

Post by jsixtysix »

Hello,

I am fairly new to the site as well and had considerable trouble uploading photos of my '66. I had to shrink and adjust using my camera menus. Cannot wait to see pics.
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Hey Tony! My name is Benjamin. Your 66 sounds very cool. What condition is the paint? Is it shiny? Or are you sporting a patina type finish? Were you pleased with the quality of your sewfine interior? Did you use new molded seat padding? Look forward to hearing more about your 66. Take care.

Benjamin
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Sorry, I just re read your post and saw that it's been painted. Probably in nice shape then....
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

Hi Benjamin,

Yes it's in very good shape. I've won a first and 2 second in the daily driver class at the Florida Bug Jam and a top 10 award at a local show...so far. :)

I am very happy with the Sewfine interior. We got a set of their Colorado bucket seats and they stitched up the cover for the rear, which fit beautifully. We also got the carpet from them, also a nice fit. everything lined up perfect.

Still having trouble posting pics, even with the smallest setting on the camera. My wife is gonna try compressing them. I'll get some up eventually.
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Wow! That's some pretty serious alcalades! Especially at the Florida Bug Jam. Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures. Keep us posted on your 1300 upgrades. I am curious about what you come up with...

Benjamin
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

My '66.
Attachments
Bug 1_resized.JPG
Bug 1_resized.JPG (110.43 KiB) Viewed 6386 times
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

My '66.
Attachments
Bug 2_resizedJPG.jpg
Bug 2_resizedJPG.jpg (111.64 KiB) Viewed 6384 times
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

Very nice Tony!! I see that your wheels are slotted like the original 66'. Did you have them chromed? Or where did you get those? Still the wide 5 pattern?
Car looks great! Very nice..... I see your new seats through the window. Those look comfortable. Very cool!
Bugman

Post by Bugman »

Thanks DC!

I bought the wheels from Classic Camber in Pinellas Park FL. Yes still wide 5.
DC-Dubs

Post by DC-Dubs »

A vintage roof rack would be a really cool accessory on your car. Especially for the VW shows. I have one on my daily driver 66. I personally love that look! Just an opinion though. Your car is very cool just the way it is too....
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Noice!