Hello there

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
taluta

Hello there

Post by taluta »

I am currently without a VW in my life, my old 1976 Beetle had to be sold due to the fact that I am in the process of re-locating.

I am an artist and a writer.

My dream vehicle is the 1966 VW mini van so when I get to where I am going (destination currently unknown) that is what I am going to try to acquire.

I am a big fan of all cars from the 50's and 60's, but none are as iconic for me at the VW Beetles and Van's. I also love motorbikes and aeroplanes, the earlier light aircraft and those of the WW's are among my favourite.

That's my intro... glad to be here :D
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello Taluta - Welcome to the Forum!
DC-Dubs

Welcome form Washington State USA

Post by DC-Dubs »

Wow, south Africa! Very interesting! In North America we call the VW van a bus or mini-bus. There are many different types of VW busses. To name a couple there is the Westfallia model that is converted by a company in Germany in the town of Westfallia who turns them into a camper style bus that you can cook, sleep, and drive in. People call them Westys.
There is a Kombi model that gets its name from the term "combination". It had removable rear seats which made it a combination of cargo and/or passenger vehicle. It has a smaller rear window than the Delux model. It also had no headliner just fiber board wood panels. And the rear seats were optional. A lot of people call all VW busses Kombis but that's not really correct. Anyway, let us know where your travels take you. Best of luck on your quest for the VW Bus. Just don't call it a minivan.... Just kidding.