Howdy

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
IrishDuchess

Howdy

Post by IrishDuchess »

Hello

Don't know really what to say, other than I am totally stoked about having my very own Beetle.

I'm a hospice nurse and I drive to ppl's homes & they know me by my car, ( legend lime green Mustang 06'). It has been flat blacked out in the back and flat black on the hood with black stripes on side. So, it is very flashy.

But, I know they are going to LOVE my bug. I LOVE my bug, so why wouldn't they. AND, it will help on gas mileage & take the load off of "little Filly"

My husband & I, he mostly, has been restoring a 1971 rs/ss for 10 yrs on and off. He is making it a street rod & his parts cost alot. Mine, on the other hand, is workable and affordable until I go and paint her.

I have already done some work to her on my own. Have read the book by Muir x2 & don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Now, besides restoring my bug, I compete in Dressage, play the harp & synthesizer, take care of 12 orchids, go to school, work full time, play bejeweled every spare second I can & sitting in my Wonderland worshiping nature and the moon in the back yard. I also take care of my 4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 fish, 1 horse (he's boarded, so it's easier & I don't have the room in the back yard) AND husband. So, that's me.

I'll have lots of questions & love to meet new people.

Can't wait to look at photo's of other beetles, since I don't know what they were suppose to look like.

Best always
Irish Duchess
agggilli

Post by agggilli »

Welcome to the 1966 forum Dutchess, you are one busy lady! It sounds like you have a lot of hobbies and are quite talented. I believe your patients will really enjoy seeing you pull up in the VW when you visit. Since it sounds like it will be a daily driver, so make certain all of the brake lines, brakes, cables, etc. are in really good shape. Enjoy the car, and post some pictures! :)

PS. You might want to check out my restoration thread here: http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=904