So Excited

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
IrishDuchess

So Excited

Post by IrishDuchess »

Hello

Purchased my very own 1966 Beetle 1 week ago tonight. In fact, I was just getting everything notarized at this same time.

This little girl has been through a lot. I am just now doing research (it was advertised and titled a 65, but is really a 66) Surprise #1. Ordered her BC on Sunday & am counting down the days. Can't wait to find out what she was originally.

PLUS...there is a lot of "it is/it's not" a real rag top. She has a black ragtop & it looks very good, even the inside for the age. There have been more than 4 guys tell me...this must have been put in because they stopped making ragtops in 64'. Than another guy said he'd bet me 100 dollars it wasn't original. And another guy said "whoever did this, did a very good job" And than I read somewhere that they stopped making them in 67' SO, the jury is out until her bc comes in.
Pulled out the windshield washer bottle to find out that her real color was WHITE! (right now she is red) She has a 67-68 motor H5.

Have the front wheels off the ground and am replacing shocks, voltage regulator, tie rod ends and stablizers, door handles for inside and some other small things.

For fun, I ordered seat belts w/ the crest on it and a boot for the shifter.

Hopefully she will be on the road by the end of tomorrow.