My New 66 (Elwood)

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
BlueOne

My New 66 (Elwood)

Post by BlueOne »

Hello, I am the new kid on the block. My wife and I just picked up another Beetle. 1966, It was a great score ! we found it in a little old lady's garage
17 miles from our home in Iowa. It had been fully restored !! Her hubby had pasted away 8 years ago and it has been in the garage ever since. It had about a 1/4 tank of gas, I added 2 cans of Sea Foam and filled it up.
Added more air to the tires, sprayed a little carb cleaner in the card and he fired right up and I drove it home. I have changed the tranny oil. engine oil,
plugs , points. rotor, rotor cap and polished him up a little. still more work to do , but wanted to say hi *waving* We also own a 1967 (the original (BUGS LIFE) from Pixar Studios. (Francis) he is in Facebook. We also own (2) New Beetles 2010 and a 2003 Convertible. !
Jeff
Attachments
ELWOOD
ELWOOD
small elwood.jpg (7.76 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum - that is a beautiful car!
BlueOne

Post by BlueOne »

Thanks John. now to replace the carb *LOL* and find out what this little metal piece is that fell out of the transmission when I was draining it ( I will post a couple pics of it. it might be the fork slider ??? it is about the size of a dime. and brass looking . I have all the old gas out now and I did a carb re-build but I am not happy with the way the inside of the carb looks so I found a 34-3 carb (German) fully rebuilt and pretty for $139.00 I hope is works better .
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome :)
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

A 34 Pict carb won't fit a 1300 manifold. Try a 30/31.

Neat car. Post better pics when you can!
BlueOne

Post by BlueOne »

*oops* Sorry. Elwood had a 1971 (1600) engine (duel port) put into him a towards the end of his restore so the 34-3 was on there and now I have the new one BUT !!!!
My Distributor Vacuum has (2) hoses and the new carb only has one intake.
working on that now. I will try and post more pics later
thanks for the welcomes everyone !
Jeff