VW 1966 "GIGI" (sympathetic restoration)

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
TÓ-ZÉ

VW 1966 "GIGI" (sympathetic restoration)

Post by TÓ-ZÉ »

... So is this beetle is already rolling from the beginning of 2009 and has done about 6000 kms only this year I'll present here is a project that was supposed to be nice or is supposed to "bind and put the smokehouse (portuguese saying) that soon became more sympathetic ... This is a beetle of 1300 66 which was started by my friend and it was for his sister (hence the color) that was there 16/17 years ago but was on the street about 5 or 6 years for lack of space yard ...
For about three years since I proposed to buy a beetle that he had a few more and I only sold this ...

Here it is ... I present you the "GIGI" ...

finally home ...

My wish now was to get to work ...

the engine has been a long time inside another beetle that was also in the rain ... but I talked to my friend Philip who suddenly came to give me a BIG help ...
Here in the garage of Philip ... the engine was not finished in this disgrace.

Well .. I said ... I have to get a temporary motor to put the car in and out of the garage ... it was then my friend Peter gave me a beetle to get spare parts and engine

the victim ... do not tell anyone pssssss

... the donated organ that will suddenly into place ... started the 3rd is like new ... :lol:

already in place and with it the brakes or is more or less had only handbrake (I thought) let's go for a ride ...

was not enough to go around, nor brakes ... RESULT ...

There is a video from this that as soon as the will to post here

The project continues next ... soon ... 8)
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Moral of the story: Don't test drive your car with no brakes.
TÓ-ZÉ

Post by TÓ-ZÉ »

Blue Baron wrote:Moral of the story: Don't test drive your car with no brakes.
...rigth... :lol: :roll:
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

haha! I saw this video on youtube and i have to say I did shout at the screen. Though I m sure there is an after video of it restored?
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Looks nice now!