Old VW veteran new to this site

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Roadbug

Old VW veteran new to this site

Post by Roadbug »

Call me "Roadbug" which is the name of our 1966 VW Bug.
This is our 10th old VW and it got its name from its primary purpose.
We bought it in 1990 to tow behind our Motor Home called "The Roadhouse". It's light and requies no additional braking system, just a $50 tow bar and lights.
Still a 6 volt electrical system, it required and additional wire through the floor pan to a light bar that attached to the licence plate on the rear deck lid. These 12 light work off the RV and the 6 volt lights in the VW remain stock.
The Roadbug was purchased in a Florida trailer park when the original owner had to go to a nursing home. All the fenders were scuffed from
her brail parking methods, but were easily repaied and repainted. The rest of the car is left as purchased. A good usuable original!
When I was growing up, a car had to have dual exhaust and fender skirts to be cool, so I added the skirts, VW did the duals. Other than the skirts, I added radial ply tires for "Fahrvergnuegen", which is the best performance modification possible for old VW's. Now it's a "high performance German Sports Sedan" the we love to drive on the mountain roads in the Smoky Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway of NC & VA.
Last edited by Roadbug on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadbug

A picture of my 66 VW

Post by Roadbug »

I'd love to post a picture of this neat little, all stock car, but I'm so new here, I'm locked out. Any advice on posting pictures?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

When you create or respond to a post before you click submit, press on the Browse" button. then when you find the picture you want double click on it, which will retun you to the same window, then click on "Add Attachement" button. This wil add the picture to your post - then click on submit.

Welcome to the Forum!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome :)
Roadbug

Picture posting

Post by Roadbug »

!#$%^%*^*)!!
Roadbug

Picture

Post by Roadbug »

7th try
Roadbug

posting pictures

Post by Roadbug »

I quit
agggilli

Post by agggilli »

Welcome Roadbug! Glad to have you on this forum. If you go to www.photobucket.com they will host your photos for free and all you do is copy and paste the IMG file of the photo you want into your post. Works every time. Check out my restoration blog in the restoration forum, as all of those photos are hosted through photobucket. :)
Roadbug

Another photo try, this time from photobucket

Post by Roadbug »

agggilli wrote:Welcome Roadbug! Glad to have you on this forum. If you go to www.photobucket.com they will host your photos for free and all you do is copy and paste the IMG file of the photo you want into your post. Works every time. Check out my restoration blog in the restoration forum, as all of those photos are hosted through photobucket. :)
It will let me do it all EXCEPT paste the link from photobucket.
When I paste the link to my picture file on my computer it uploads and looses it. Any suggestions?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Roadbug - send me your picture and I will attach it to your post.
Roadbug

another attempt at posting a photo

Post by Roadbug »

Image[/img]
How about that? I finally did it!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Roadbug! Congratulations! I knew you could do it - and thats a beautiful bug. I love the white walls and the rear fender skirts!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Awesome! I'm not normally a fan of skirts, but this car looks great.