The Car of the Century by J.T. Garwood

Post your beetle book recommendations or reviews here. Please make sure if you are posting pictures that they are sized correctly so that a scroll bar does not appear at the bottom of the screen. If you need help re-sizing photos, please let me know.
Donny B.

The Car of the Century by J.T. Garwood

Post by Donny B. »

I'm surprised I didn't see this one on the list. it is such a value to anyone doing a restoration. It has the color codes and all the parts changes through the years. There are two volumes 1 & 2. Volume 1 covers the cars through 1960 and Volume 2 covers 1961 through 1980. It is softbound and kinda crudely copies (xerox) with plastic spiralox binding. It is an incredible set of books. I got mine from Rocky Mountain Motorworks when they were still in business. I don't know if they are available any longer. Originally you had to buy them from the author, but I believe he sold all of his copies to RMM.
Blue Baron

Re: The Car of the Century by J.T. Garwood

Post by Blue Baron »

Donny B. wrote:I got mine from Rocky Mountain Motorworks when they were still in business. I don't know if they are available any longer.
It's been out of print for years and has become something of a collector's item. I wish I hadn't balked at the high price when they were available.