Alberta Canada

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Markd

Alberta Canada

Post by Markd »

Well ever since I was 12 years old I have always wanted to get one of these little gems. At that time I had found a old body of one in some farmers field and begged my parents to let me put it in the garage. Once I got it home I completely striped the thing down. Well things came up and we had to move before I could do any more work to it and had to get rid of it.

Now the years have passed and I was driving home from work one day and there it was a nice looking Beetle with a Java Green paint job. A few days later I went back to have a closer look at it and take it out for a drive. After that I went home I wanted to find out more about this 1966 1300 cc Volkswagen beetle, and stumbled upon this site. After looking around this site and reading some of this forum I realized that this was a really good little car. The next day I went back and bought it and brought it home. :D

After doing a little research and looking around when getting it home I noticed that the car came originally with a Bahama Blue paint job. I am the fourth owner of this car and to me it looks as though this car was stored inside its entire life. The floor boards have virtually no rust and very little surface rust.

This is going to be a car that me and my 3 year old daughter are going to love for the years to come. She is absolutely addicted to any and all of the "Herbie" movies. She could and does watch a Herbie movie every day. The day I went to take our beetle for a test drive I took her and she was grinning almost as big as I was. Now that it is sitting in the garage she will just go out there to play in it. Really looking forward to having this new car to just cruise around in!! :D
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Markd! Thanks for the great introduction and welcome to the forum!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

This is a great story, and it's wonderful to hear you found one that was so well preserved in Cananda.