1966 Beetle from Malaysia

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Wow, these are some great photos. Looks like a fairly solid and straight car.

That's one strange exhaust system. I've never seen it on the Beetle. I'm fine with the stock setup.

Also, are you sure you want the brake fluid reservoir on the master cylinder and not in the traditional location behind the spare tire? It will make it more difficult to check and service.
pupjoint

Post by pupjoint »

Blue Baron wrote:Wow, these are some great photos. Looks like a fairly solid and straight car.

That's one strange exhaust system. I've never seen it on the Beetle. I'm fine with the stock setup.

Also, are you sure you want the brake fluid reservoir on the master cylinder and not in the traditional location behind the spare tire? It will make it more difficult to check and service.
thanks, been a while since i logged in here.

the exhaust is taken from a 75 LJetronic vehicle, kinda common bolt on here as not many fancies the pea shooter sound.

just trying out the brake fluid reservoir there, so far so good, never had the need to top any so far yet...been almost a year since i did that....if it doesnt work out, i will just change back to original.
pupjoint

Post by pupjoint »

current look. not original, going for Cal look route.