1966 Texas Barn Find

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
1966veedub

1966 Texas Barn Find

Post by 1966veedub »

Howdy from Texas! I've been in the air cooled VW scene for many years. Moved from SoCal (awesome place to live if you restore VW's), moved to a small town in Texas (not the best place to fnd VW parts at) 7 years ago. You all probably know the old feeling: "Every time I seem to leave the scene, they pull me back in!!" I've owned 6 beetles including a 1960 sedan, 1963 ragtop, 1964 baja, 1968 sunroof sedan, 1969 sedan, and recently came across a 1966 sedan that was literally stored in a barn in North Central Texas for the past 17 years in decent restorable condition. I couldn't pass it up for $50.00! Of course, it's title-less & license plate-less (verified it's not stolen with DMV, thank goodness). With a little (ok, a lot!) of convincing of my wife, I'm in the process of trying to bring this beast back to life. Hopefully my fellow VW enthusiasts can help me when I have questions or need assistance with my project.

Glad to be back...can't wait to get this baby on the road!
Attachments
My 1966 project...
My 1966 project...
DSC01041.JPG (60.87 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Congrats on your find 1966veedub and welcome to the forum - you will find a lot of helpful folks here if you run into any trouble!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

That car is loaded with potential. My wife would have ordered me to go get it.